Re: Spam fights

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:27:04PM +0300, Dmitry Golubev wrote:
> I second that. If I receive a confirmation message I never respond to it!

If *I* receive a confirmation message, I always respond to it!

That's because all confirmation messages I get are in response to spam with
my address in the From field. If I confirm, the person sending me the
confirmation message will be delivered the spam. If more people did this,
confirmation senders would notice that the system doesn't work.

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯