Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm - postprocess

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 05:16:10PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Blu wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:34:44PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > > Do I win a prize,
>
> yup :-)
>
> > or was that just a qualifying round, and the real
> > > questions, that actually require thinking, will come later?
> >
> > Are you suggesting then, that we should not relay mail at all?, not even
> > to/from our customers?
>
> you're taking it too far dude ...
> violating common sense and assumptions is a bad thing ;-)
>
> i think the "reject mail from open relay" is a good thing
> and is totally different than "relay your own or customers mail"

I agree, but it was suggested that any mail server should reject spam at
SMTP time, and not bounce it at all. If my relay server (not open, but
relay for customers) has no means to verify recipients, what to do when the
destination server rejects that mail already accepted by my server?.
Bounce.

Blu.