Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

Incoming from Phillip Hofmeister:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 at 12:57:46PM -0400, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > 	- email from easqtl@qwest.net should be bounced since
> > 	its not coming from bresnan.net
>
> This is a bad suggestion.  My ISP requires us (by blocking port 25
> outbound) to use their SMTP server.  Therefore I cannot connect to the

Considering 60% - 80% of the traffic these days is crap, this is
beginning to look like a fairly reasonable restriction.  If you can
figure out how to have SMTP negotiate that your ISP legitimately
handles mail for your domain, that's the only way around it I can see.

There are a lot of spam friendlies out there for whom no amount of
reporting spam will have any effect on their actions.  Refusing
forgeries is the only solution for those.

- -