Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 at 12:57:46PM -0400, Alvin Oga wrote:
> 	- email from easqtl@qwest.net should be bounced since
> 	its not coming from bresnan.net

This is a bad suggestion.  My ISP requires us (by blocking port 25
outbound) to use their SMTP server.  Therefore I cannot connect to the
normal SMTP Server for the zionlth.org domain.  Implementing your
suggestion wide spread would cause my emails (and all emails from people
in my situation) to be rejected just because their ISP has their head on
backwards and thinks blocking port 25 outbound will reduce spam abuse.

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/