Re: restricting process limit

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:08:05PM +0200, Thomas Schuering wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > So when I'm getting a large amount of messages there is approx.
>> > 15-20 spamc/spamd running. I want to limit this to ~5. How can I do
>> > this.
>>
>> /usr/sbin/spamd -d -m 5
>>
>> '-d'	: daemonize
>> '-m 5'	: Allow maximum 5 children
>>
>> Just checkout: man spamd
>
> I would suggest having a look at amavisd-new for running SA. I saw a
> big performance gain when switching from spamc+spamd to amavisd-new +
> SA

I made this move recently myself, and can say that I didn't see a
significant change in performance between amavisd-new and the "directly
invoke spamc/sendmail" configuration that I posted.

It seems to me that the shell interpreter and script overhead is a huge
part of the cost of processing spam with Postfix using the simple filter
model.

        Daniel

--
Now that mountains of meaningless words and oceans divide us
And we each have our own set of stars to comfort and guide us