kernel security problems again?

	I just read the changelog for the 2.4.27-pre1 kernel released by
Marcelo Tosatti, and saw two worrying lines in there:

    * Fix potential memory leak in devpts
    * Fix potential memory access to free memory in /proc handling

Since most people use devpts and almost all use procfs, this would seem to
affect just about anybody who is using a 2.4.x kernel, right? Can someone
who is current with the linux kernel mailing list comment a bit about
these two problems and their possible security implications? And maybe
send a link to some thread in the mailing archives where these problems
are discussed along with possible fixes for mere mortals like me who
are decent programmers but not kernel hackers...

Thanks, bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)