Re: Woody Backport of tripwire

Yes, Tripwire is GPLd, if you dont mind the March 3, 2001 version.
Their commercial version is much newer however....

micha

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:48:33AM +0200, Marcin Orda wrote:
> > I've got tripwire packages that I use internally at work.  They're built
> > for woody, and I'd be happy to share them with anybody who's interested.
> > They aren't in any way based on the tripwire packages from unstable, so
> > I don't know how they compare, but we're using them on our production
> > servers, so they're certainly of reasonably good quality.
>
> Grab the .debs from
> http://debian.csail.mit.edu/pub/csail-debian/dists/woody/csail/
>
> And why do people continue to believe that tripwire is non-free?
> Seriously, tripwire is free.  It is licensed under the GPL.  See
> http://www.tripwire.org/ or
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tripwire/
>
> noah

micah

----
"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it
is the leaders of a country who determine the policy...Voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
This is easy.  All you have to do is to tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
                                                  -- Goering, Nuremburg trial