Re: makedev: /dev/tty([0-9])* should not have 666 permissions

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:40:13AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:50, Jan Minar <jjminar@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > It seems like they should be 660, not 600, as I suggested (wall(1) and
> > talkd(1) would break otherwise, probably).
>
> What prevents wall from sending those escape sequences?

Good intentions of its coders -- they are filtered out (or they should
be).  Both talkd & wall are sgid tty, and they are controlled channels
of writing things to the user terminal(s).  The user can dismiss them by
``mesg n''.

Maybe the escape sequences should be banned altogether, but even then
wall & talkd should be allowed to do their job.

--
   "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered
 where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus,