Re: Eterm & others allow arbitrary commands execution via escape sequencies [Was: CAN-2003-0020?]

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 01:07:59PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:31:27PM +0200, Jan Minar wrote:
>
> > And as a part of this community, I am...
> > [doing more pointing and whining]

We are going astray.  Maybe a time to rephrase...

We have security issues in Debian stable every interested party knows
about (that posting was on bugtraq a year ago), except for the Debian
users, and the Security Team.

It's not about Eterm, or the console.c in Linux, or the tty permissions,
it's about the bigger picture.

Now I shut up.
Jan.

--
   "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered
 where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus,