Re: BF kernels

On 15/04/04 22:19, Joshua Goodall wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:56 pm, Tim Nicholas wrote:

If I recall correctly it is assumed that users will not run on the
boot floppy kernels after the initial system installation. They are
expected to install a more appropriate kernel after finishing the
install.

As such there will be no patch for the boot floppy kernel.

I disagree with the generalisation. Let me tell you two little tales.

1. A few weeks ago I was building a new cluster of our servers. We

[snip]

The specifics of DSA479 notwithstanding; either of these would motivate me to agree with Michelle that bootfloppies should be updated, too.

I couldn't agree more.

--
Tim Nicholas                          ||                      Cilix
Email: tim@nicholas.net.nz            ||    Wellington, New Zealand