Re: Known vulnerabilities left open in Debian?

Greetings,

Am Montag, 22. März 2004 21:52 schrieb Ramon Kagan:
> Every so often another set of tirades goes across this list.  So I wish
> only to give my 2 cents.
>
> 1.  If you don't like the way debian conducts it's FREE business, my
> opinion is go find another volunteer group to haggle.

ehem. What about critics? Am I not allowed to critices their work? As I have
pointed out, their is no alternative for it. "But the point is: what's the
alternative? If $big_fat_distributer is crippled
by its own release policy or profit making intention - they will _NEVER_ be
secure." I said.

So the debian security team is doing a good job at the whole.

> 2.  If you are going to complain about something you don't like, then
> either be constructive about it, i.e. say this could be fixed by ... or
> can I help in some way..., or just stop wasting my time and others on this
> list.

I made my suggestions how to fix it.

> 3.  Debian is a testament to the ability of a VOLUNTEER system working
> across multiple countries and continents to provide a good service.  Is it
> perfect?  Probably not, but I haven't found a paid service that is either.
> Remember you are not a paying customer, so what right do you have in
> complaining in not constructive matter?

100% ACK.

> 4.  I would like to thank all the volunteers in the Debian organization
> for all the hard work they do to make my life easier and more productive.
> You all deserve KUDOS.

m2.

> As for the complainers, either shape up or ship out, we never asked you to
> use the product.  Go get yourself a copy of RedHat and see how "wonderful"
> their product is.

Well, I pointed out that there is not real alternative. Imho the current
release policy doesn't support the creation of a secure distribution.

Keep smiling
yanosz