Re: web password change

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 05:51:55PM +0100, Ulrich Scholler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun Feb 29, 2004 at 21:15:39 +0100, Nejc Novak wrote:
> > I would like to make users avaiable some kind of 'web control panel'. I
> > have created a design and also already intergrated squirrelmail into it.
> > Now i would also them to have a web form for password changing. I've
> > browsd freshmeat and i've found a program called chpasswd
> > <http://chpasswd.sourceforge.net>.
>
> I'm using poppassd in conjunction with poppass-cgi via https.  The
> advantage of this solution is that it uses PAM instead of directly
> altering /etc/{passwd,shadow}.

Could you tell me a couple of words how the script works then,
I mean, which functions of libpam is used to update the password?
My curiosity origins from memories from my previous findings
which concluded there were no hooks in PAM for this kind of
functionality.  (Even /usr/bin/passwd from the shadow source
package manipulates the files directly while it uses PAM
for authentication.)

bit,
adam

--
Am I a cleric?     | 1024D/37B8D989
Or maybe a sinner? | 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622