Re: end of Freeswan

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:43:47AM -0300, Paulo Ricardo wrote:
> Sorry for this notice guys.....8(
>
> It's a pity.....

FreeS/WAN came with enough political baggage that I won't particularly
miss it.  Particularly given that there is at least one other high
quality IPSec implementation available for Linux.

I always believed that the opportunistic encryption goal was misguided.
It didn't exist to secure traffic at all, but rather to add to the
"noise" level that government spooks needed to sift through when trying
to run systems like Echelon.

noah