Re: Big VPN

In article <[🔎] 20040302235842.GB17445@bofh.ece.ubc.ca> you wrote:
> I'm personally in favour of an IPsec VPN using openbsd or linux 2.6.

For a distributed Installation with up to 100 sites, I strongly recommend to go
with a small SOHO Router appliance. Because they are easy to replace with
UPS delivery, they are more robust than PC Hardware, and have less
mechanical parts.

Depending on your topology, a simple commercial concentrator in the main
office, may also be much better than implementing a Linux solution, as long
as you do not have reasonable experiences. I tink the OP made himself clear,
he has none.

There might be good reasons to go with an OpenBD or Linux 2.6 IPSec Installation,
in that case go for it. If you do not need the programmable features, and you
do not have experiences in Linux Networking and IPSec, safe the money for endless
work hours to get it up, running.

Greetings
Bernd
--