chkrootkit - possible bad news`

I am running Debian on a Dec Alpha PC164.

I decided to run chkrootkit and was surprised by the following line.

Checking `bindshell'... INFECTED (PORTS:  1524 31337)

I am not sure how no interpret this.  I have checked logs, as well as binary
checks and everything "seems" fine.  Can someone help me interpret the logs.
I will attach them at the tail of the email in case the may be helpful.

I don't know what my next step would be.  If in deed I have been 'rooted'
then I should obviously format and rebuild the server.

Thanks in advance.

Greg MEATPLOW

#################
 #chkrootkit

alpha:~# chkrootkit
ROOTDIR is `/'
Checking `amd'... not found
Checking `basename'... not infected
Checking `biff'... not found
Checking `chfn'... not infected
Checking `chsh'... not infected
Checking `cron'... not infected
Checking `date'... not infected
Checking `du'... not infected
Checking `dirname'... not infected
Checking `echo'... not infected
Checking `egrep'... not infected
Checking `env'... not infected
Checking `find'... not infected
Checking `fingerd'... not found
Checking `gpm'... not found
Checking `grep'... not infected
Checking `hdparm'... not found
Checking `su'... not infected
Checking `ifconfig'... not infected
Checking `inetd'... not infected
Checking `inetdconf'... not infected
Checking `identd'... not found
Checking `killall'... not found
Checking `ldsopreload'... not infected
Checking `login'... not infected
Checking `ls'... not infected
Checking `lsof'... not found
Checking `mail'... not infected
Checking `mingetty'... not found
Checking `netstat'... not infected
Checking `named'... not infected
Checking `passwd'... not infected
Checking `pidof'... not infected
Checking `pop2'... not found
Checking `pop3'... not found
Checking `ps'... not infected
Checking `pstree'... not found
Checking `rpcinfo'... not infected
Checking `rlogind'... not found
Checking `rshd'... not found
Checking `slogin'... not infected
Checking `sendmail'... not infected
Checking `sshd'... not infected
Checking `syslogd'... not infected
Checking `tar'... not infected
Checking `tcpd'... not infected
Checking `top'... not infected
Checking `telnetd'... not found
Checking `timed'... not found
Checking `traceroute'... not infected
Checking `write'... not infected
Checking `aliens'...
/dev/st- /dev/sto
Searching for sniffer's logs, it may take a while... nothing found
Searching for HiDrootkit's default dir... nothing found
Searching for t0rn's default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for t0rn's v8 defaults... nothing found
Searching for Lion Worm default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for RSHA's default files and dir... nothing found
Searching for RH-Sharpe's default files... nothing found
Searching for Ambient's rootkit (ark) default files and dirs... nothing
found
Searching for suspicious files and dirs, it may take a while... nothing
found
Searching for LPD Worm files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for Ramen Worm files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for Maniac files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for RK17 files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for Ducoci rootkit... nothing found
Searching for Adore Worm... nothing found
Searching for ShitC Worm... nothing found
Searching for Omega Worm... nothing found
Searching for Sadmind/IIS Worm... nothing found
Searching for MonKit... nothing found
Searching for anomalies in shell history files... nothing found
Checking `asp'... not infected
Checking `bindshell'... INFECTED (PORTS:  1524 31337)
Checking `lkm'... nothing detected
Checking `rexedcs'... not found
Checking `sniffer'...   eth0 is not promisc
Checking `wted'... nothing deleted
Checking `z2'...
nothing deleted