Re: Tripwire (clone) which would you prefer?

On Monday, 2004-02-23 at 10:42:05 +0100, Jan Lühr wrote:

> well, I looking for an open source intrusion detection. At first, tripwire
> caputures my attention, but the last open source version seems to be three
> years old - is it still in development or badly vulnerable?
> Then I searched for tripwire in the woody packages and found integrit and
> bsign - so which would you prefer and why?
> Are there any interesting other projekt that worth looking for?

Stable != bad, ask the Debian project :-P

I'm using a combination of Tripwire and AIDE. Before I decided on that,
I did a survey of intergity checkers. I didn't find bsign then, but
integrit. At that time 3.00.05 was most current. It did not offer a
variety of hashes, only SHA1. It offered no database integrity like
Tripwire does (and seemingly AIDE now, too). In general it was one of
the better tools, but not as flexible and versatile as AIDE and
Tripwire.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |