Re: Call for testers (putting SSP in Debian)

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 12:46:59AM +0100, Thomas Sj?gren wrote:

> with gcc-3.3 (1:3.3.3ds4-0pre4) the maintainers updated the SSP patch.

  That's great news.

> It is not however applied by default.
> I submitted a bug report [1] about this, but the problem is that my
> experience with GCC w. SSP in only on the x86 arch. So if you got any
> experience with it on different archs please read the bug reports (see
> the urls below) and send your info so that the Debian GCC-maintainers has
> enough info to make a good decision about applying the patch.

  For what it's worth I've made a version of GCC with the SSP patches
 enabled available for Debian here:

 	http://people.debian.org/~skx/apt.html

  Description here:

  	http://shellcode.org/Cat/

  I'll try to get these updated with the new patch included in case
 people wish to try these out in a simple manner.  (i386 only, sadly).

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.shellcode.org/Audit/