Delayed disclosure and Debian manifesto (was Re: DSA 438 - bad server time, bad kernel version or information delayed?)

Il ven, 2004-02-20 alle 05:58, John Galt ha scritto:

> "we won't hide problems" ...

Well, I really don't want to feed a troll, but this is a theme I'm
wondering about from a while...
Shouldn't the delayed disclosure be regarded a a sort of, at least
partially, infringement of the Debian manifesto ? Obviously, I'm
referring to the quoted statement.
Be warned that I'm not saying to avoid delaying of DSAs, I'm only
interested in your opinions about compatibility between manifesto and
the way security bugs are treated ( and opinions about how you can avoid
the problem, if any ).

Ciao,
Gian Piero.