Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 443-1] New xfree86 packages fix multiple vulnerabilities

With the current thread in this list: thanks, Matt & team - I'm quite
satisfies with the way Debian handles security updates currently.

And some people need to remind themselves that Debian is a volounteer project
and is open source - so, if you want more/faster security updates, hire
somebody to do it for you, and if you're feeling generous, allow this person
to contribute his(her) efforts back to Debian.

On Friday 20 February 2004 07.58, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> For the stable distribution (woody) these problems have been fixed in
> version 4.1.0-16woody3.
>
> For the unstable distribution (sid) these problems have been fixed in
> version 4.3.0-2.

So this opens the questions
 - when will 4.3 hit testing? Was there recent summary?
 - is it worth it to upgrade now from testing? Stability? Performance?

OTOH, I guess the DSA is not urgent at all as my workstations are single-user
with no remote X configured.

cheers
-- vbi

--