Re: arpwatch and arp packets ...urgent

Hello,

>> I want to be able to set public IP's for computers in LAN. Is any
>> other solution ? I dont know about it - if you so - please let me know :)

> Have you tried explicit routing entries for the IPs in question? I'm not
> too sure if this actually works, but if eth1 is the interface on your
> router which is connected to 192.168.0.0/24 and you want to pass on packets
> for 1.2.3.4 to eth1, use this on your router:

>   route add -host 1.2.3.4 dev eth0

> This assumes that packets destined for 1.2.3.4 are sent to your router, and
> that one host in your LAN is configured to the address 1.2.3.4.

no, this will no work without proxy_arp.
BTW I am doing this ==with== proxy_arp (which causes problems with arps)

====

Another question :
it is possible to control arp protocol packets by kernel ?
... if so - this will solve some of problems. But how control arps?
perhaps on firewall ? kern 2.4.24/grsec/...

--
Cheers,
Marcin.