Re: arpwatch and arp packets ...urgent

Hello,

>> I am receiving flip-flops from (?) each machine in my LAN (SNATed),
>> I have turned on proxy_arp (public IPs in LAN also present)
> Why proxy_arp?

because SNAT DNAT not work properly with - for example H.323 (even if
module for this is in kernel) and others...

is any other secure method ?

>> Situation is like : each computer send me ARP packet one time with
>> correct MAC and second time with ... MAC of serwer interface :(

> No, each host sends you the ARP reply and in addition the server sends
> you an ARP reply as well, because this is how proxy_arp works.

OK, my fault, it is obvious :)
thanks a lot :)
the simplest thing is sometimes the most difficult thing to see :]

it is possible to avoid may of raports in arpwatch ?
... configure proxy only for several IPs?

--
Regards,
Marcin.