/var/lib/apache/mod-bandwidth world-writable

Hi!

Tiger just warned me about some world-writable directories.
/var/lib/apache/mod-bandwidth is one of them, and I do not see any reason
why this one would need write-permissions for everyone.

The postinst script of apache-common explicitly sets those permissions:

  # Fixing mod-bandwith owner/permissions

  chown -R www-data:www-data /var/lib/apache/mod-bandwidth
  chmod -R 777 /var/lib/apache/mod-bandwidth

Is there a valid reason for 777 instead of 664 or 660?

Regards

--
Philipp Weis          pweis@pweis.com
Freiburg, Germany     http://pweis.com/