Re: Mail processing tool

Quoting Adeodato Simó (asp16@alu.ua.es):

>     fetchmail(1) includes:
>
>        -m <command> | --mda <command>
>               (Keyword: mda) You can  force  mail  to  be  passed  to  an  MDA
>               directly (rather than forwarded to port 25) with the --mda or -m
>               option.  To avoid losing mail, use this option  only  with  MDAs
>               like  procmail or sendmail that return a nonzero status on disk-
>               full and other resource-exhaustion errors;  the  nonzero  status
>               tells  fetchmail  that  delivery failed and prevents the message
>               from being deleted off the server.

Thank you for pointing that out!  I was somewhat mislead by the getmail
author's rhetoric (aimed explicitly at fetchmail) on
http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/getmail-3.0/ , which claims as an
advantage that it "Does not cause mail loops by doing SMTP injection,
and therefore does not require that you run an MTA (like qmail or
sendmail) on your host."

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!