Re: Mail processing tool

Quoting Jonas J Linde (jonas@init.se):

> Never had any trouble with fetchmail except if setup badly; eg. with
> different programs accessing the same mail box but using different
> locking schemes.

Fetchmail's a useful tool, but it does require running a local MTA as an
inherent part of its design.  (It does that instead of, itself, having
code to support mail stores.)  At least one alternative MDA, getmail,
was written specifically to avoid this requirement.  Please see: "MDAs"
on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail.

> Nobody has suggested a mailserver as far as I can see. I suggested the
> fetchmail/procmail combination exactly because it is small, reliable
> and customizable.

And yet, ironically, using fetchmail necessitates running an MTA.  Thus
my point.

--
Cheers,                    I've been suffering death by PowerPoint, recently.
Rick Moen                                                     -- Huw Davies