Re: Mail processing tool

Jonas J Linde <jonas@init.se> wrote:

>> Procmail is a big tool, I need something different: small, reliable,
>> secure.
>
> Big? The gzipped source tar ball is 227kB. If you want something that
> processes mail in a fully customizable way I'm pretty sure you won't find
> anything much smaller than that.

Well, the procmail source code is written in a very... bizarre style. In
my book, it doesn't qualify as reliable.

And please, don't think you can start flaming right away because you
have been using procmail for the past ten years or so and never had the
slightest impression of it losing a mail. That is not the point. The
point is that its source code is very unpleasant to me, so *I* wouldn't
rely on it for anything serious. That has nothing to do with your
experience of its use.

--
Florent