Re: Mail processing tool

And R.DElia@starcomitalia.com spoke unto the world. And said:
> I need a tool that does the following work:
> checks for new mail in a maibox via pop3;
> verify the digital signature and decrypts the mail;
> parse the body;
> executes 1 or more action (completely customizzable);
> delete (archives) the mail;

> in an endless loop.

> Something like this already exists or I need to code it?

This sounds like an ideal job for the combination of the rather
appropriately named tools fetchmail and procmail, which - to no big
surprise - are suitable to fetch and process mail.

If you only wish to delete the mail from the server under certain
conditions I guess you would need another tool to be called from
procmail; no idea which tool that would be though.

--
Jonas J Linde <jonas@init.se>  http://www.init.se/~jonas/ +46-707-492496