Re: Web based password changer

Daniel Lysfjord wrote:
Quoting Tom White <debian@oddquad.org>:

Dear List,

I'm looking for a decent, secure, web based password changer for
user accounts.  Something that I can install on a debian box with a
minimum amount of tweaking, and that isn't really any less secure than
a shell user changing their password locally over ssh.  Is there
anything out there that someone has had good experiences with?
~Tom White

PS - how do you fit down the chimney?  and please don't leave coal in
my stocking this year.

Horde(1) has a password module. Works on ldap and unix accounts.

1: www.horde.org

 Yup, and it also works with poppassd.

If your passwords are stored in the traditional passwd/shadow files, poppassd may be the way to go. If they are stored in mysql or ldap, a php script through https will do the trick.

 If you run an ldap backend, I can send you an example php script.

 José

PS.
Please reply to the list