Re: 2.6.1 CryptoAPI woes

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:47:40AM -0800, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> "Don't use a journaling file system on top of file backed loop device,
> unless underlying file system is journaled and guarantees data=ordered
> or data=journal."

AFAIK, This reads as: ``Don't think journalling buys you anything,
unless the lower layers actually write the journalling data to the
disk.''

If you have a journalling fs (A) over a non-journalled fs (B), on a
crash you'll get A thinking it's journal/whatever is reliable, while B
crashed without writing A's journal to the disk.  The result will likely
be the A more corrupted than it would be without the journalling turned
on.

HTH,
Jan.

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9