Re: tiger: howto manage flood of `deleted files' alerts ???

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:27:41AM -0700, Ryan Bradetich wrote:
> Actually the tigerrc is already loaded when the script execute ... I
> have tested a small patch that should do what you want.
>
> Javi,
>
> Do you see any problem with this method?  If not I can work on a patch
> that will update all the checks to perform this test before running.

I actually like the fact that tigerrc defines which tests 'tiger' (the
program) run whileas cronrc configures configures which tests 'tigercron'
will run. Duplicating that (i.e. a module needs to be added into cronrc and
disabled in tigerrc) might lead to confusion and to modules not being
executed even if the admin thinks they will.

Actually, it also hinders somebody from directly executing the script (for
testing or debugging) directly because he has to modify tigerrc so that it
is executed.

quite easy to just disable a script by removing the entry in cronrc as it
is by modifying tigerrc.

Regards

Javi