Re: another kernel vulnerability

On Monday 05 January 2004 16:38, Thijs Welman wrote:
> This issue has been fixed in the 2.4.24 version (2004-01-05 13:55
> UTC)
>
> Changelog:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/ChangeLog-2.4.24

Yeah, it seems Marcello released this to specifically address this
issue. Perhaps he has adopted the policy of keeping a separate tree
with just critical updates for the cases where things like this
happens, so a new kernel can be pushed out the door rapidly. I remember
seeing the policy proposal discussed on Kerneltrap some weeks ago.

Anyway, any idea when we will see a kernel-source-2.4.24 package?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo