Re: Would this create a security problem?

On 20040102T110521+0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> commands it might be worthwhile to check their permissions and ownership
> before making use of them (i.e. ensuring they are not world-writable and
> that they belong to the current runing user).

... or to root, obviously.

Yes, I was planning on doing that.

> It is very common, however, to use configuration files in a way that they
> can modify the way code is executed. For example:

My concern is not that the file changes how the code works.  It already
does that.  My concern is that if I add that pipe feature, a
configuration file will be able to specify arbitrary shell commands to
be executed without the user noticing it.  My problem is, does this
create a security problem.

> http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs/Secure-Programs-HOWTO/file-contents.html

Thanks for that link.

--