Re: More hacked servers?

Jim Hubbard wrote:

After the Linux kernel server got hacked a few weeks ago, and now this
successful attack at Debian, my confidence is shaken.  I hope we'll see full
disclosure about exactly what happened and what's being done to prevent it.

Well wait for the findings of the debian security team. I think it is too early to be concerned.

By the way: From my time at IBM I know that they have a huge anti hacker / cracker task force to defend IBM and it's costumers against attacks. It is some mixture between secret service and battleship galactica. It is not surprising that open source projects with lots of internet services running are an interesting target. As these projects cannot afford such costly countermeasures they have of course a bigger risk for getting hacked, resp. compromised.

But perhaps somebody is willing funding a dedicated debian system defense agency, that monitors and protects the debian systems on a 24/365 base ;-)

Regards

Marcel