Re: Securetty: limits root login while allowing 'su -'

In article <[🔎] slrnbpghvr.3o6.ennio@deby.ei.hnet> you wrote:
> I discovered I could 'su -' to root in the excluded ttys.  Do you think
> this is normal behaviour or does my system need re-configuration ?

This is the intended normal behaviour. Idea behind it is to avoid random
admins logging into the system as root so they are not trackable. If the
login as non root and use su, they at least are visible in last.

I think you could, however add "auth requisite pam_securetty.so" to
/etc/pam.d/su, but havent tried.

Greetings
Bernd
--