Re: How efficient is mounting /usr ro?

In article <[🔎] 200310171313.41182.russell@coker.com.au> you wrote:
> So is a tape backup a security measure?  What about a UPS?  Is ECC memory a
> security measure?  I guess it's a security measure to buy rack mount servers
> from companies such as Dell rather than assembling your own white-box
> machines then.  :-#

Yes, all of them improves the data and service availability and is therefore
an it security measure. You may want to check out the baseline security
manual on even more (i.e. organisational) means.

http://www.bsi.bund.de/gshb/english/menue.htm

> Security is about protection from unauthorised access

This is your definition, it does not match most of the literature you can
get in that area. However most often, this is the only area where everybody
talks about and where you can make the big money :)

Greetings
Bernd
--
eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/