Re: GET http://someStrangeOrExternalDomain.com

Hi Ricardo,

On Friday 03 October 2003 22:51, Ricardo wrote:

> I found on my apache´s log a lot of messages like
> *.*.*.* - - [Date] "GET http://someStrangeOrExternalDomain.com HTP1.0/" 404
>  206 "-" "-" I saw on many lists and FAQs some indications that the problem
> may be caused because of an unconfigured proxy and bad permissions of
> access, but even when I deny all fields (on httpd.conf) and unload the
> proxy modules those messages keep comming on my logs... the only way to
> make it stop is stoping my apache server! I also checked about virtual
> domains but I didn´t set any one on my server too... Does anyone knows what
> may be causing this?

It's not that you have an open proxy, it just means that someone tried to use
your server as a proxy. The 404 response from your server indicates that it
refused to service the request.

This kind of scanning is quite normal, people use it to scan for open proxies,
and you don't need to worry about it.

Regards,

Thomas