Re: crontab failure for daylight savings

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 03:52:01PM +1300, Billy Naylor wrote:
> Thanks, i can confirm that /etc/default/rcS does have UTC=yes
>
> our hwclocks all show the same time as date..
>
> fly:~# /sbin/hwclock
> Tue Oct  7 15:44:28 2003  -0.622797 seconds
> fly:~# date
> Tue Oct  7 15:44:30 NZDT 2003
>
> Can other people take a look at their systems?

Same here, doing a "TZ=GMT hwclock" gives the hardwareclock in GMT.
Apparently, hwclock looks at your timezone and displays the clock in
your timezone.

Greetings,
    Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.