Re: logcheck thinks that system is under attack, related to ssl problem?

Hi Noah

Thanks again for your answer!!

On Montag, 06-Okt-03 at 22:13:32, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:07:23PM +0100, Andreas W?st wrote:
>> I hope you've got some more ideas. I'm strictly following all the
>> security updates, and have a light mix of woody and sid packages.
>
> run 'shutdown -rF now'
>
> See if the problem persists after the fsck. If it does, check the
> files manually and see if they're really corrupted or something.
> Sounds like you've just got a twisted and inconsistant filesystem.

Well, I must admit that I've already have rebooted after this message
appeared (well, just because I havent read my mail then, and only
realised the logcheck message after a second reboot), but the problem
didn't "survive" this first reboot, i.e. I've only received this mail
once. But this shouln't mean anything, no?

I've fscked the disk as you told, and the problem hasn't returned. But
hey, shouldn't there be any file corruption when using ext3 (I mean,
missing or incomplete files, ok, when the buffers couldn't get flushed
anymore, but corrupted?? I thought that's where the journal comes
into action.).

--
Best wishes, and thanks a lot for your help,
Andi