Re: logcheck thinks that system is under attack, related to ssl problem?

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

> You don't have much evidence that it's a security issue at this point.
> Logcheck's "active system attack" messages rarely indicate such a thing.
> Don't do anything drastic like reinstall the system until you've got
> better evidence that you've been cracked.  In this case, I doubt you
> have.

Speaking of which, has anyone found a way to configure the active
system attack key words? There is a user on my system whose email has
the word "attacK' in it so that triggers logcheck, and I've tried
every different exclusion file and regexp there is to make it ignore
it, but I can't.... so I get a logcheck email everytime this guy gets
or sends an email. Its gotten to the point that logcheck is becoming
totally useless (ie. I wont read them because I put little value in
the information that they contain). I've tried searching the web, and
contacting the package maintainer, but no results.

Thanks,
micah