Re: crontab failure for daylight savings

Billy Naylor <billy.naylor@actrix.co.nz> writes:

> It appears that cronjobs running between 2am and 3am sunday morning
> seem to not have been run, i'm in New Zealand which went into summer
> daylight savings over the weekend.

If you go to daylight savings, the clock jumps from 2am to 3am. So,
there's no way how these jobs can run, because for example 2:37am
doesn't exist.

The reverse happens, when you go back from daylight savings to regular
time: the clock jumps from 3am to 2am. This means, all jobs between
2am and 3am run twice. I don't know, wether some cron implementation
compensates for daylight savings.

Regards, Olaf.