Re: honeyd and libdnet

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:41:01PM +0200, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
> Now my questions are:
> - How works DECnet[3]?

DECnet has nothing to do with libdnet or honeyd.  I don't know what gave
you that idea.  Unless you *really* know that you need DECnet, you don't
need it.

> - How to configure dnet-common and the /etc/decnet.conf

rm -rf is how I'd go about it.

> - Why needs honeyd this lib

libdnet has nothing to do with decnet.  Its feature list, as shown on
http://libdnet.sourceforge.net/ indicates that it does the following:
    * network address manipulation
    * kernel arp(4) cache and route(4) table lookup and manipulation
    * network firewalling (IP filter, ipfw, ipchains, pf, ...)
    * network interface lookup and manipulation
    * raw IP packet and Ethernet frame transmission

None of that indicates any involvement with DECnet.

noah