Re: XP box inside the firewall

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:01:06PM +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Hi all!

[snip]

> The question is really if I could do something in the firewall that
> would help isolate the XP box somewhat. Closing outgoing ports (input
> ports are all closed), drop certain types of packages, or something
> like that?

You can set the notebook on a different network. Put the firewall/router
on that network with another nic. It's the principle of a dmz... By putting
the notebook on another network, and prohibitting access from that network
to the internal network, you can keep your internal systems safer...

Hope this helps,
	Kristof

--
Digital fingerprint: F56F F987 0E0C AFF8 0B6D  7CA1 F152 E07D 72AF 337B