Re: configure ssh-access

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:08:38 +0200, klaus@came.sbg.ac.at wrote:

>The problem is that I can only login to the ssh-machine
>when I enter the IP-address to the hosts.allow file.
>Specifying the hosts DNS-name does not work!

Thats probably because it does a reverse lookup on the connecting ip to see
if it matches. It would need to look up every hostname in hosts.allow on
each incoming connection to match a dynamic dns name. If you see what I
mean.

>Has anybody ideas in this 2 problems?

You could do what I do, allow anyone to connect but allow only public key
authentication (and protocol 2).

Alan.