Re: Why is proftpd always started when one update it?

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 01:00:27PM +0700, Chatchai JANTARAPRIM wrote:
> | # Master system-wide proftpd switch. The initscript
> | # will not run if it is not set to yes.
> | RUN="yes"
> |
> | # Default options.
> | # For more exhaustive logging, try "-d 3".
> | OPTIONS=""
>
> So, you can just chage RUN to "no".

That causes the init script to become entirely useless. If you read the
message again, this is (relatively) clear. If you look at
/etc/init.d/proftpd, it becomes more clear. The script looks to see if
RUN is set, if not, it quits.

I'm rather confused by the existance of that option, actually. Why would
someone want to disable /etc/init.d/proftpd entirely?

It's equally possible that I'm simply missing some very obvious point.

Regardless of that, I agree that /etc/default/proftpd needs a
"RUN_AT_BOOT" option, or something similiar.
--
bda
Cyberpunk is dead.  Long live cyberpunk.