Re: samba woody

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:39:29AM +0200, Bencsath Boldizsar wrote:

> Do You (We) really surely want to include buggy samba 2.2.3a-12, more than
> half year old in 'testing' release?
> I already know one guy with a 1 week old 'testing' debian hacked through
> samba. (I know, it's -12.3 on security for stable, and samba is not secure at
> all, but I think this one needs an upgrade ASAP...)

I am pleased to hear of your interest in helping to improve Debian testing.
Here are some links to get you started in your efforts to help get a new
version of samba into testing:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=samba&ver=3.0.0beta1-1&arch=arm&stamp=1055147113&file=log&as=raw

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=slapd&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=acl&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious

All of those things need to be fixed in order to get a new samba into
testing.

--
 - mdz