Tips on books about network security

Hi to everyone
I'm looking for a book or some other reference (web sites, mailing lists...) that could introduce me to system/network administration (like logs or account management, FTP/APACHE/SAMBA servers configuration...) and network security (authentication, kerberos, SSH, VPN, firewalling...), both in windows and Linux environment, some "must to have" in a system administrator's library... I see a lot of books about these arguments, both free and not, so I would listen some words from who works in this field, and has to deal with day-to-day administrative issues.

Thanks
Mat