Re: promiscuous mode

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 01:32:36AM +0100, Ian Goodall wrote:
> A while ago I installed snort on my debian woody box. After removing snort
> the card is still stuck in promiscuous mode. How can I stop this? If it
> helps my network is a FA310tx running on a tulip driver.

man 8 ifconfig
Try it, maybe that helps

        [-]promisc
              Enable  or  disable the promiscuous mode of the interface.  If selected, all packets on the network will be
              received by the interface.

       [-]allmulti
              Enable or disable all-multicast mode.  If selected, all multicast packets on the network will  be  received
              by the interface.