Re: rpc.mountd

Baran YURDAGUL wrote:
> Is there any problem occurs If I bind mountd to just one port under
> 1024 ? Cause mount.d bind to 4 different port when it is started via
> automatically ?  these are the Medium marked ISS scan results ..

Just to make sure I follow, an ISS scanner complained about finding
those high ports... But, just pushing the port numbers down below 1024
won't solve anything.  You're much better off filtering traffic to
those ports with ipfilter and backing that up with a good tcp_wrappers
configuration.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."