Re: Recommended security management packages

> John the Ripper (weak password detection),
Appears to be installed but I'm not actively using it.

> logcheck (batch checks on syslogs),
Installed and configured

> PortSentry (IDS w/ some reaction capability),
Installed and configured

> AIDE or Tripwire (file integrity checks),
Just installed and now tinkering with it

> nmap (port scan) or Nessus> (vulnerability scans) scans from outside the box,
nmap installed, helped to block a bunch of ports with iptables

> Xlogmaster (real-time checks on syslogs with action, e.g., e-mail your pager),
Never heard of it but I'll look into it

> and snort (IDS).
Would this interfere with portsentry?

> HTH,