Re: Kernel 2.4.20 and patches to be save?

Markus Kolb <debian@tower-net.de> writes:

>> What do you mean by "not exploitable"? What are the threats you are
>> facing?
>
> Ptrace, iptables, ...

If I understand you correctly, these are vulnerabilities, not threats.

Do you have untrusted local users?  Is your machine a routine DoS
target?

If not, why bother, and destabilize the system with upgrades?

> But after months there is no new stable version in 2.4 kernel tree
> and there is no official information how to patch the flaws.

The "official" patch for the ptrace issue is still in development,
AFAIK, or was until recently.