Re: Yet anothe r"have i been hacked" alert

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Andreas Vitz wrote:

> May 15 09:37:07 kai-router pppoe[180]: Bogus PPPoE length field (111)
> May 15 09:47:18 kai-router pppoe[180]: Bogus PPPoE length field (172)
>
> i get them day by day, since a week or so.
>
> I use a adsl connection.
>

> so my final question "have i been hacked" ???

Probably not, there is probably just a glitch in your ADSL modem or the
ADSL equipment at the phone co.

It is very unlikely that this means you are hacked. Since a hacker using
bogus PPPoE to exploit something would need access to the phone company's
ADSL equipment (ie. this is not IP based traffic).

// Thomas